Download mp3 |
Hosts: Mike Sabo, Zach Conner
Guest: Mattrick P. Holbert
Mattrick is an autodidact who has spent the past ten years studying the humanities. He is an author, visionary, and activist, with a focus on philosophy and psychology. In this episode we talk about his vision of “eduliberation” and the art of living.
Mattrick explains the systematic method for a life-long liberal education and lifestyle. We discuss the Univium (infant education), Bivium (early childhood education), Trivium (Knowledge, Understanding, and Wisdom), Quadrivium (Arithmetic, Geometry, Music, and Cosmology), and the Pentivium (Purification, Consolidation, Exertion, Mastery, and Play), which is also expressed as Purification, Study, Application, Balance, and Play.
Mattrick’s book is soon to be published under the title Philosophia and will be available at http://Philosophea.com.
1. Univium – Infancy Learning – Aesthetics
2. Bivium – Early Childhood Learning (before age seven) – Fractal Geometry and Art
3. Trivium – Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric
4. Quadrivium – Arithmetic, Geometry, Music, Astronomy
ADULT CONTINUED LIBERAL EDUCATION AND LIFESTYLE
5. Pentivium – Purification, Consolidation (Study), Exertion (Application), Balance (Mastery), Play (Co-Creation)
1. Grammar – Knowledge, Input
2. Logic – Understanding, Processing
3. Rhetoric – Wisdom, Output
– Answers the question of the Who, What, Where, and the When of a subject.
– Discovering and ordering facts of reality comprises basic, systematic knowledge.
– Answers the Why of a subject.
– Developing the faculty of reason in establishing valid [i.e., non-contradictory] relationships among facts is systematic understanding.
– Provides the How of a subject.
– Applying knowledge and understanding expressively comprises wisdom or, in other words, it is systematically useable knowledge and understanding.
ETYMOLOGY: Anarchy: From the Greek prefix an- : without; the absence of and the Greek noun archon : master; ruler (Anarchy does NOT mean “without rules.” It literally means “without rulers.” No Rulers. No Masters.